From a deep dive into what our dreams mean to creating the ultimate countdown to calm, it's time to revolutionise your slumber
Hello Happiful readers,
I’ve noticed recently that I’m tired. In fact, dare I say it, I’m exhausted.
I’ve never really been a morning person; as a kid I was the night owl, reading under the covers with a torch until some ungodly hour, letting my imagination rule the night.
As adults, we don’t have that luxury. Our sleeping and waking schedules are determined by our responsibilities – what time our next shift starts, or the traffic on our commute, getting the kids ready for school, or caring for someone else. Suddenly we have to fit into an entirely new rhythm, one that our bodies and brains might not be geared up for.
Now, when I roll out of bed and start my day, getting some fresh air first thing helps, but still I often notice I’m lethargic by lunchtime. It’s almost like my body is ready for the day, but my mind needs more rest.
It’s so easy to forget the impact of our night the moment we leave the bedroom. No point ruminating or longing for that bed, we have to crack on with the day and put it to the back of our minds. But how we’ve slept can signal so many things; why are we ignoring the lessons?
In this special issue, we’re putting a spotlight on slumber – from five top tips to stop snoring in its tracks, to scientifically-proven, natural ways to help you nod off.
We’re taking a deep dive into the connection between our waking and night lives, and asking what our dreams could really be telling us. Plus we’re putting sleep paralysis under a microscope, sharing counsellor-approved questions to improve your pillow talk, and we have a dream diary within our print-exclusive journaling pages, to not let those fleeting glimpses of your true feelings pass you by.
Plus, this print edition includes:
• Intriguing features including a look at 'wabi-sabi' and what the imperfections of nature can teach us about ourselves, dealing with a diagnosis of ADHD as an adult, six of the best dog breeds to support your mental health, and real people on their return from rock bottom.
• Insightful life hacks from how to deal with jetrospective jealousy, to what to eat to soothe anxiety, how to help kids get a good night's sleep, and wellbeing support for students.
• Expert input on a topics including mental health equality, past life regression, recipes to show you care, and how to handle empty nest syndrome.
It’s time we reclaimed the night, and took power over our pillows. So, if you’re tired of being tired, or at a loss for what is keeping you wide awake, read on to see if we can make restless nights a thing of the past.
Let’s dream big, together.
Explore our range of subscription offers to find the one that suits you to ensure you never miss an issue, and receive:
• Happiful delivered to your door each month
• Free postage and packaging to the UK and NI
• Exclusive early release for print readers
Plus, did you know that the magazine and it's packaging are fully recyclable, and for every tree used to create the mag, we plant two in its place.
We firmly believe there should be no financial barriers to mental health and wellbeing information and support for those in need. That's why we work hard to offer a completely free digital magazine, ensuring anyone in need has access.
It's thanks to the wonderful people buying print subscriptions that we're able to fund this and continue our mission – so we want to say a big thank you!
Order your copy of Happiful today.